We are a Church of England School originally founded in 1856. Until 1945 we were an all age school. We now have children from, 4 years old to 11 years old. Our school was founded by the Church to provide education ‘according to the principles and practices of the Church of England’. We moved to our current site in 1970.
Our buildings are spaciously designed with well proportioned individual classrooms, open shared areas, a large hall, a kitchen, a conference room, an air-conditioned ICT suite with 17 workstations, a covered and heated swimming pool, large playing field and Early Years outdoor area.
The school is organised into three Key Stages:
- Reception (Early Years Foundation Stage, four and five year olds)
- Key Stage One (5 year olds to 7 year olds)
- Key Stage Two (7 year olds to 11 year olds)
We admit up to 45 children each school year and so we have mixed age classes for all years except Reception. Our class structure is:
- Two Reception classes
- Three year 1/2 classes (Key Stage One), often referred to as Lower School
- Three year 3/4 classes (Key Stage Two), often referred to as Middle School
- Three year 5/6 classes (Key Stage Two), often referred to as Upper School